Did you know…
- The world now spends over 110 billion minutes on social networks and blog sites.
- Social networks and blog sites are visited by 3/4 of global consumers who go online.
- There are more than 3.5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, etc) shared on Facebook each week.
- The average number of tweets per hour is around 1.3 million.
Some tips and ideas:
- It is better to dive deeper into a few social networks than to spread yourself too thin over many.
- Look at what your competition is doing in regards to social media, and make sure you’re at least doing the same.
- Be a good listener: listen to what customers are saying on the various social media sites, and learn from it. It’s simple market research.
- Measure your social media results. Use affiliate links to see how many clicks (or hopefully sales) you get from your social media efforts.